Sport on line
Spark have launched an online streaming service called Spark Sport where you can watch some of your favourite sports Live and On Demand.
For some events Spark Sport is the only place you’ll be able to watch all matches live. You will need to sign up to the Tournament Pass and download the Spark Sport app to watch.
There are a lot of ways you can stream the matches, and the key is not leaving it until the last minute to work out the best way for you.
Some games will be free to air with an hour's delay if you're not wanting to watch all games live.Click here for details
Here's what you need to do now:
- Connect to WIZwireless fast broadband
- Have you got the right set up including hardware to watch Spark Sport?
- Test your set up in advance – sign up to Spark Sport 30-day free trial (NB remember to suspend your account before end of trial period otherwise you will be charged $19.99/month)
Connect to WIZwireless
To stream sports, you need to be connected to the internet for the full duration of the game. WIZwireless offers a fast-reliable broadband connection to your house with great speeds and data plans to suit.
To stream in high definition Spark Sport recommends that you need at least 15 megabits per second (Mbps), however if speeds were lower than this, the quality adjusts accordingly. If you are on RBI2 it’s already been sorted for you.
Check your speed now at WIZwireless speedtest. Use the device you plan to steam on at a time and place where you will watch the games. A more accurate result will be gained by connecting with an ethernet cable rather than over WiFi. Talk to us about your options.
Have you got the right set up including hardware to watch Spark Sport?
To watch streaming content, you will need an internet enabled device, such as smart TV’s, smart mobile devices, laptops, tablets, Chromecast and Apple TV.
You’ll also need to download the Spark Sport App from the App store on your device and log in with the details you create when you sign up.
Your home WiFi is also important to consider, WIZwireless does not control what goes on in your house, we only control getting the broadband to you via the wireless router WIZwireless supplied at the time of your install.
For the best streaming experience, we suggest that you connect via an ethernet cable but not a HDMI cable. If you can’t and you'll be using WiFi you need to consider:
- the age of your devices (including router). If you have had your router for more than 2 years contact the office and we can test if you need a new replacement router.
- the location of your main router and distance from where you will watch the matches (the construction materials your house is made of can limit signals)
- how many of your household are using the WiFi at the same time
- interference e.g. cordless phones, baby monitors, microwaves can cause interference, as well as other devices or networks
Testing your connection
We recommend that you sign up for the Spark Sport 30 day free trial. (NB remember to suspend your account before end of trial period otherwise you will be charged $19.99/month). Use it over your internet connection at a time and place where you will be watching the matches. Alternatively, you can do the same with YouTube videos on full screen, high definition.
How to get the Tournament Pass or Spark Sport
Go to www.sparksport.co.nz to buy your one off Tournament Pass to matches live.
You do not need to subscriber to Spark Sport in order to purchase the Tournament Pass, but if you want the ability to watch other sporting events you will need to subscribe for $19.99 per month.
If you have any other questions in regards to Tournament Pass or Spark Sport
Try out the Spark Sport Support Help Centre for all your Getting Started streaming questions.
For your WIZwireless connection questions contact our Helpdesk on 06 370 9210 or email email@example.com